Let’s face it, staying in touch with loved ones has never been more important. One easy way to stay in touch is using note cards.
Yes, phone calls, texts, FaceTime, and other formats are helping us to stay connected. And that’s awesome. It is always great to see friends and family. As stampers, we have an extra advantage. We are so lucky to be able to make beautiful cards to help us stay connected with loved ones.
Of course, that is easier said than done. It seems like we are also busier than we were. Or more distracted. Or spending more time with immediate family.
Here are 5 ways to make staying in touch easier
- Use an occasions calendar. I sometimes struggle with remembering all the special dates I want to send cards out for. At the moment, I have set a goal of sending a certain amount of cards each week. One way for me to keep track of birthdays and anniversaries is when I write it down. I have created this calendar to help you keep track of your special days, just download and go!
- Once you have your special dates written down, it is time to figure out what you are going to send. Having a set of premade note cards makes it so easy to send them out. If you are making a card, why not make 2, then you have an extra to keep on hand for the next time you need to send a note card to keep in touch.
- If you don’t have any premade note cards, not to worry. Creating postcards takes some of the stress away. Start by cut a piece of card stock into quarters. Next, stamp on one side. On the other side, write a quick thinking of you message, address it, and mail it. Bonus is mailing a postcard is less expensive than a regular card.
- Searching for some fun, random reason to send a card or postcard? Use the National Day Calendar. It has so many random, but fun days to celebrate. For example, the day I am writing this, May 13, is National Apple Pie day. How cute would it be to send out a card with some apples on it?? I love it. Hhhhmmmm, maybe I should make an apple pie today!
- If you know you are running out of time for that special occasion, or you just don’t have time to make a card, then I suggest a card delivery service. This service makes cards, and personalizes them to send out. Shameless plug next. I recommend my card making service. It’s quick, easy, and reliable.
I hope you found these ideas useful. As stampers, we participate in an awesome hobby that lets us stay in touch using note cards, or postcards. We get to do what we love, and then we get to send that love out into the world!